Vivante libraries depends on Kernel version?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vivante libraries depends on Kernel version?

Jump to solution
easternblack
Contributor II

Hello.

Recently, I'm testing GPU on imx6qsabresd.

I already have custom Kernel tested on UDOO QUAD, which using i.mx6q. and that version is 3.14.28.

So I downloaded NXP Yocto SDK L.3.14.38_6ul-ga, and bitbaked packages in recipe-graphics and it worked very well. packages I used were imx-gpu-viv, xf86-video-imxfb-vivante, xserver-xorg.

After that, I wanna use higher version Xorg, so I updated NXP Yocto to 4.9.88, and did same things described above. but then, Xorg fails.

I tested another NXP Yocto layers which has another version, but only works on 3.14.38_6ul-ga packages.

So I have a question that does package in recipe-graphic follows Kernel's version? maybe galcore version exactly..

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Long Ku,

The Vivante libraries do follow a specific kernel version as you may find on the BSP Release Notes. These libraries are tested for the specific kernel version, you may port them to other kernel versions but you would need to review dependencies and perform testing.

I hope this helps! 

Regards,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Long Ku,

The Vivante libraries do follow a specific kernel version as you may find on the BSP Release Notes. These libraries are tested for the specific kernel version, you may port them to other kernel versions but you would need to review dependencies and perform testing.

I hope this helps! 

Regards,

0 Kudos