cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VDDHIGH Voltage Range

Jump to solution
DBMicro
Contributor I

I am using a I.MX 6 SoloX processor with a MMPF0200 PMIC. I would like to use the pre-programmed Device F0. My problem is now, that there is no default voltage which fits the requirements for the VDD_HIGH voltage Domain.

• SW1 is used for Core Voltage
  • SW2 should be used for 3.3V Peripheral Interfaces of the i.MX
  • SW3 is used for DDR
  • VGEN1 delivers 1.5V (not in use)
  • VGEN2 delivers 1.5V (not in use)
  • VGEN3 delivers 2.5V and sould bes used for Ethernet logic interface
  • VGEN4 delivers 1.8V and sould bes used for low-power Mode for eMMC interface
  • VGEN5 delivers 2.8V (not in use)
  • VGEN6 delivers 3.3V VDD_HIGH?

Now, I am able to use VGEN1,2,5 or 6. The problem is now, that the VDD_HIGH-Domain powers the clock generation. So, the voltage has to be correct at startup an cannot be overwritten in Software. VGEN1&2 can't be used because the voltage would be too low. VGEN5&6 are right on the limits of the recommended power levels. So, if the level would wobble a bit (which they always will) it is possbile that both voltages violate the Voltage contraints. VGEN5 cant be used because the maximum current is a bit too low (100mA when max. 125mA needed, chapter 4.1.5)

But: In the IM.X 6 SoloX Industrial Application Datasheet Chapter 4.1.6 all test cases use 3.3V to Power VDD_HIGH.

So my question is: Is it guaranteed that the Processor will start up if I apply VGEN6 with 3.3V to this Input even if it may be a bit higher?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi DBMicro

yes it will start up, however for longterm reliability it is not recommended to

use higher voltages than recommended by datsheet.

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi DBMicro

yes it will start up, however for longterm reliability it is not recommended to

use higher voltages than recommended by datsheet.

Best regards

igor

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos