cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using imx serial console.

dabrain
Contributor I

Dear all,

I'm using the ttymxc0 serial console and minicom and i'm facing some troubles with rows and cols size with stdin and stdout.

I found an interesting post concerning Telling your Raspberry Pi that your terminal is bigger than 24 lines (Shallow Thoughts) but this is not working with imx.

For information i'm using yocto and systemd as main bootup system.

This is a minor issue but i guess we can get a bit more comfort using this serial port :smileywink:

Stephane

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Try to change the Terminal emulation parameter in the minicom setup to get it to use a fixed width font.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

dabrain
Contributor I

Thanks for the hint. I have better behaviour concerning the key handling but the rwo/col is still 24/80 stdin/stdout.

0 Kudos

madisox
Contributor III

I had similar problems and ended up writing a program to query the terminal for its size.  Sources are at https://github.com/madisongh/termutils​, if you'd like to use it.  Since I use bash, I also needed to make sure that the 'checkwinsize' setting was turned on in my shell, to coax it into honoring the size recorded in the terminal driver.  So here's a snippet from the shell profile I use:

if [ -n "$BASH_VERSION" ]; then

shopt -s checkwinsize

fi

if [ -n "$PS1" -a -x "/usr/bin/tsize" ]; then

/usr/bin/tsize

fi

That works well enough for me, as I don't dynamically resize my terminal window - I just need it set up once.

0 Kudos

dabrain
Contributor I

Dear Madisox,

I tried your code but undfortunatly its faling on my setup. Its failing at the line 46 in termio_raw.c

I found also this python tool which is working on rpi but not on imx6:

Telling your Raspberry Pi that your terminal is bigger than 24 lines (Shallow Thoughts)

0 Kudos