cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using L2 Ethernet Switch

vladimirovseych
Contributor III

Hello, Dear Everyone!

I can't find enough information about linux driver for L2 Ethernet Switch in i.MX28.

Does 3.x and 4.x kernel support this hardware module?

And how one can setup the switch from userspace?

Thanks.

Labels (2)
6 Replies

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Refer to the Chapter 16 of the attached document. This is about the latest L2.6.35 Linux BSP for the i.MX28 EVK board by FSL/NXP, available for download on the NXP web site (check the "Board Support Packages" section):

http://www.nxp.com/products/microcontrollers-and-processors/arm-processors/i.mx-applications-process...

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

vladimirovseych
Contributor III
0 Kudos

vladimirovseych
Contributor III

Thank you, Artur.

If I understand there is no switch driver for 3.x,4.x kernel. So I'll try to port it. But I didn't manage to find sources(fec_switch.c,.h) at nxp.com. Would you be so kind to write here a direct link to 2.6 kernel sources with switch driver?

0 Kudos

lategoodbye
Senior Contributor I

Hi Vladimir,

you are right. The L2 switch driver has never been ported to mainline.

Please use

linux-2.6-imx.git - Freescale i.MX Linux Tree

Stefan

lukaszmajewski
Contributor III

Was there any follow up on porting this driver to newest Linux kernel?

I've poked around and I was not able to find any patches related to L2 switch (fec_switch.[ch])

0 Kudos

lukaszmajewski
Contributor III

I've "refurbished" the old NXP's L2 switch driver (for iMX28) to be usable on 4.19.y kernel. It seems like it works.

However, this driver shall be rewritten (and upstreamed) to use Distributed Switch Architecture [DSA] framework.

Link to the sources:

Commits · lmajewski/linux-imx28-l2switch · GitHub 

0 Kudos