cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UnpackError while building gstreamer1.0 with Yocto Thud

zyend
Contributor II

Hi,

I'm currently trying to build gstreamer1.0 with Yocto Thud.

My host machine is a Debian 9 (stretch) Linux.

It always succeeded with previous version of Yocto rocko and sumo.

But there with thud I immediately get an Unpack Error I've never experienced before:

ERROR: gstreamer1.0-1.14.4.imx-r0 do_unpack: gitsm: submodule unpack failed: UnpackError Unpack failure for URL: 'gitsm://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/gstreamer/common.git;protocol=https;name=common;subpath=common;bareclone=1;nobranch=1'. No up to date source found: clone directory not available or not up to date: /opt/yocto/imx8/fsl-imx8-thud-4.19.35-1.0.0/../../downloads/git2/anongit.freedesktop.org.git.gstreamer.common.git; shallow clone not enabled
ERROR: gstreamer1.0-1.14.4.imx-r0 do_unpack: Unpack failure for URL: 'gitsm://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/gstreamer/common.git;protocol=https;name=common;subpath=common;bareclone=1;nobranch=1'. No up to date source found: clone directory not available or not up to date: /opt/yocto/imx8/fsl-imx8-thud-4.19.35-1.0.0/../../downloads/git2/anongit.freedesktop.org.git.gstreamer.common.git; shallow clone not enabled
ERROR: gstreamer1.0-1.14.4.imx-r0 do_unpack: Function failed: base_do_unpack
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /opt/yocto/imx8/fsl-imx8-thud-4.19.35-1.0.0/build/tmp/work/aarch64-poky-linux/gstreamer1.0/1.14.4.imx-r0/temp/log.do_unpack.27700
ERROR: Task (/opt/yocto/imx8/fsl-imx8-thud-4.19.35-1.0.0/sources/meta-freescale/recipes-multimedia/gstreamer/gstreamer1.0_1.14.imx.bb:do_unpack) failed with exit code '1'

I've attached the log.do_unpack file. I tried to clean everything up, but I still get this annoying error and I'm stuck with it for a while now.

Any suggestion is really welcome

Thanks.

Karim

Tags (2)
5 Replies

julienquelen
Contributor II

Hi,

We have the same issue on a Debian machine. We always compiled our Yocto projects on a Debian and now gstreamer fails. So we are also interested in a fix here.

Best Regards,

Julien

0 Kudos

zyend
Contributor II

Hi,

Good news that I'm not the only one in trouble !

Well, I found a fix few days ago.

Currently, for my Yocto builds (for nxp and other boards) I used to share a same "downloads" DL_DIR to avoid unecessary fetch operations.

I tried to use an empty DL_DIR...and it worked fine.

After investigating, I found out there is something wrecked in the "git2" sub-directory of DL_DIR.

I don't know what exactly.

So if you have a custom DL_DIR with a lot of stuff, try to rename your "git2" subdir as "git2.bak".

Launch bitbake gstreamer1.0...normally it will work.

After that, I merged the older git2.bak with the newest.

I tried to check the differences but I didn't find anything relevant, but honnestly I don't have the time to dive into this issue.

I hope that it will help you to figure out the exact reason of the problem.

Best Regards,

Karim

0 Kudos

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Karim,

You should use ubuntu 16.04 with yocto, debian its not tested, however per the log file you should have problem with the network since it can not clone the gstreamer, or maybe the date of the computer is overwrite.

Regards

zyend
Contributor II

For information, I tried to test it on Ubuntu.
I made the test on Ubuntu 18.04, and I get the same ERROR ! Unbelievable.

Oki, I didn't make the test on Ubuntu 16.04, but I find unacceptable that it fails on both systems.

0 Kudos

zyend
Contributor II

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback.

We always used Debian for building our BSP, we never experienced any issue. 

I asked a colleague to make a quick test on his host Ubuntu machine and it eventually works fine.

Debian is very close to Ubuntu and I'm very surprised that such an error (Unpack) can occur on Debian.

It would be too heavy ti migrate our Yocto debian server to Ubuntu.

I wonder what difference could occurs at this step ?

Weird.

K.

0 Kudos