cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uboot Documentation

shani
Contributor I

Hi,

We are using i.MX6 in our custom design. Our design is based on Sabre platform (SABRE Platform for Smart Devices|NXP). Our software platform is going to be embedded linux. Both iMX6 and embedded linux are new technologies for me.

I am trying to find documentation for the bootloader (u-boot). I did try to search on NXP community website but am still a bit clueless. Could someone please provide links/pointers to u-boot documentation? In particular, I need to change the source code related to DDR.

Thanks,

Shani

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
0 Kudos

shani
Contributor I

In particular, I need to modify the DDR driver built into uboot for our custom platform, so any pointers on where to locate the current DDR source code in uboot and how/where to apply the changes.

Thanks,

Shani

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Shani

changes should be entered to *.cfg file located in folder uboot/board/freescale/mx6sabresd

documentation is included in uboot/doc folder or one can check web version

Documentation < U-Boot < DENX 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

shani
Contributor I

Thanks Igor for the pointers.

1. While trying to capture the differences between DDR on Sabre board and our custom board, it seems to me that the delta between the two boards is larger than I had thought.

Sabre board uses LPDDR3 MT41K128M16JT, whereas our custom board uses LPDDR2 EDB8164B4PT.

2. It also seems to me that in addition to applying changes to DCD file, I will also have to apply changes elsewhere too. Do you think I have understood it correctly or am I missing out on something?

3. Is there some other reference board from Freescale that uses the same processor as that on SabreDL, but interfaces to LPDDR2 chip? I can possibly use source code for that u-boot as a reference to customise for our board.

Any thoughts?

0 Kudos