Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB class support in iMX6

krunalk
Contributor II

Hi,

Does the iMX6ULL support,

1. HID and VCP class in the USB Host mode?

2. HID and VCP class in the USB Device mode?

I am confused because in the " i.MX Linux® Release Notes, Rev. L4.1.15_2.0.0-ga, 10/2016" Page-14, in USB section, they mentioned " USB device mode: MSC, Ethernet, and Serial" only.

Please guide.

Thanks.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Krunal,

The USB driver available in the Linux BSP  L4.1.15_2.0.0-ga  supports   USB Class HID  in HOST and Device mode.

Have a great day,
Jaime

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

krunalk
Contributor II

Thanks Jamesbone,

Then why they have mentioned only MSC, Ethernet and Serial class in  " i.MX Linux® Release Notes, Rev. L4.1.15_2.0.0-ga, 10/2016" Page-14, in USB device section? Is there any limitations?

I am asking because USB HID class is important for me in both USB DEVICE and HOST mode. iMX is a host platform and supports both keyboard, mice so I have no doubt for HID support in Host mode. But I want to make sure that it also supports HID class in device mode.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos