USB Port / OTG Not Working

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Port / OTG Not Working

tuandang
Contributor II

I'm using Freescake iMX 6 series to work on a project. The freescale board works fine, except that anything connected via the USB port does not work (get recognized). For example, if I try to access my information through the server, the board works fine. But if I connect a USB drive to the board's USB port (via a USB hub), then the computer cannot recognize the USB / USB files. I tested the hub, tried a brand new hub, tried a brand new USB cable (to connect the hub and the freescale USB port), and it still does not work. I think the port is broken / burnt.

Does anyone experience this before and know how to fix this? I want to be able to fix just the USB Hub so I do not have to buy a new Freescale board, especially since the rest of the board works just fine.

Thank you.

Labels (1)
3 Replies

SergioSolis
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Tuang,

Have you tried plugging everything before powering up the board?, can you please try it?.

Did you build linux from its sourcecode?

tuandang
Contributor II

Hello SerchMX,

Is there a command line I can call to test if my USB Port is working at all? I'm using Freescale Sabre Automotive Infotainment iMX6 Series. I run it on Ubuntu-Virtualbox (Linux OS 3.0.0-35).

If someone knows how to solve this problem, please let me know. Thank you.

0 Kudos

tuandang
Contributor II

I tried that too. It did not work either.

0 Kudos