cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.mx6s Custom Board booting problem

politoleo
Contributor II

Hello all,

I've made a custom board with i.mx6 solo and i'm encountering some problems to make it boot!

Powrers and clocks are ok, BOOT_CFG are 0/0 and USB SERIAL DOWNLOADER is correctly prompted when attached to pc!

Uploading trough USB is fine (just doing boot and jump) but nothing happens after "jump" on the console neither on several clock pins (that remains high pulled).

After had same situation with several u-boot images (precompiled from freescale and my own), I think that there is some problem on DDR3.

So I made a little u-boot image and I'm trying to load it to OCRAM (TEXT_BASE = 0x009077e0), but nothng is happening the same, so the problem must be elsewhere!

Can you help me to find a way to make it boot?

Really thanks!

Labels (3)
5 Replies

patricesarrasin
Contributor III

Hi, were you able to change the DDR clock speed inside u-boot? If so can you shared how you did it?

thanks a lot

Pat

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please try memory test linked below, at least to check if codes can be loaded to i.MX6 system and run there.

https://community.freescale.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/322206-258321/DDR_Stress_Tester_V0.042....

https://community.freescale.com/thread/305794

politoleo
Contributor II

Thank you,

I was able to start the board by scaling the DDR clock to 400Mhz, but booting from internal ram.

Booting from DDR3 was not successfull!

Now it's time to start the DDR stress tester, to find out the correct register to set to make it works!

Unfrotunatly it hangs here:

MX6DL opened.

HAB_TYPE: DEVELOP

Image loading...

download Image to IRAM OK

Re-open MX6x device.

Running DDR test..., press "ESC" key to exit.

Do you have any tips to make it start?

0 Kudos

politoleo
Contributor II

Hello,

Now the DDR test is running but it ends/hangs here:

Beginning stress test

loop: 1

DDR Freq: 327 MHz

t0.1: data is addr test

Address of failure: 0x10000000

Data was: 0xff000000

But pattern  should match address

Any tips?

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please check memory design, using recommendations of the Design Checklist in the

Hardware Development Guide for i.MX6.