Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB OTG..

Jump to solution
priyangeorge
Contributor I

Hi all,

I am using I.MX 257 for my project. I just want to know whether it is possible to operate OTG slave in USB 2.0 mode.

Regards,

Priyan George.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Priyan

yes possible, i.MX25 has USB OTG v2.0 HS + HS PHY

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

6 Replies
priyangeorge
Contributor I

Hi Igor,

Thanks for the reply. I want to use both USB OTG and USB host in USB 2.0 mode instead of using USB host in 1.1 mode. Can u suggest me some reference manuals to learn more about the same. Can you suggest me some transceivers that is best suited for converting the host USB from 1.1 to 2.0 mode.

Regards,

Priyan George

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Priyan

one can look at i.MX31 PDK Design Files, p.8 SPF-23251

http://www.nxp.com/products/microcontrollers-and-processors/arm-processors/i.mx-applications-process...

Best regards

igor

0 Kudos
priyangeorge
Contributor I

Dear Igor,

have checked the option of connecting external PHY, but it is conflicting with LCD bus. Do you have any suggestion?

I would like to have both USB 2.0 as well as Parallel LCD.

Thanks in advance..

Priyan

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Priyan

yes possible, i.MX25 has USB OTG v2.0 HS + HS PHY

Best regards

igor

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

priyangeorge
Contributor I

Hi Igor,

Thanks for the reply. I have one more question to ask. I came to know that the host USB in I.MX 257 works only in USB 1.0 mode. Will the host USB work in USB 2.0 mode. If not is it possible to make it work in 2.0 mode using external PHY interface.

Regards,

Priyan George.

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Priyan

yes USB host  will work in USB 2.0 mode using external usb transceiver.

Best regards

igor

0 Kudos