cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U-boot-imx upgrade

MJaroc
Contributor II

Hi,

i need to upgrade u-boot in working device. I cant use UUU or upgrade from tftp in u-boot console - it must be posible in working linux console. I now the risk. Ill try to unlock write mmcblk2boot0 and dd u-boot.bin file to /dev/mmcblk2boot0, but after that system is not booting. DNF only upgrade binarry file in /boot/ directory, it doesnt affect to bootloader.

Can anyone help me with this? For now i can only UUU u-boot.

Working system:
Linux visionsom-8mm-cb-std 5.4.24-lts-somlabs_imx_5.4.24_2.1.0+gd0ce74ff14da #1 SMP PREEMPT Fri Feb 24 11:59:09 UTC 2023 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

If You want to upgrade uboot there is not other option than erase and burn with new uboot, you are trying to erase so the uboot is gone, but you have to erase and burn uboot.

Regards

0 Kudos

MJaroc
Contributor II

Hi,

i erase uboot from mmcblk2boot0 and program (by "dd" program) with u-boot.bin from YOCTO compilation, but system doesnt boot. I succesfully erase bootloader and i ask how to program a new one (maybe i need to write to specific addres or i burn a wrong file).

0 Kudos

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Read the documentation of the board, probably you need modify sw, before and after burn the SD image.

Regards

0 Kudos