U-boot DDR init files to FreeRTOS sdk

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U-boot DDR init files to FreeRTOS sdk

mckeevew
Contributor I

Hello I am a student at Grand Valley State University. Me and 2 other students are trying to work with the nxp i.mx8m nano evaluation board. We are currently only using the base SDK and FreeRTOS. Currently we are trying to set up a program to allow us to directly read and write to the DDR4 memory on the board. We need to be able to test the DDR by reading and writing directly to it and while not running FreeRTOS on it. We are currently using the mscale_ddr_tool and are generating a ddr initialization .c file for u-boot. We are wondering if anyone in the communality has any experience porting this file from u-boot to the nxp sdk for the nano. Everyone on the team is very new to embedded development with nxp's tools so sorry for any ignorance on are part.

I have attacked the C files that we are generating for u-boot currently.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi William

procedure is described in MSCALE_DDR_Tool_User_Guide.pdf included

in ddr test package, Chapter 4 How to bring up a new MX8MSCALE board

i.MX 8M Family DDR Tool Release 

pastedImage_3.jpg

imx8mq_evk\freescale\board - uboot-imx - i.MX U-Boot 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos