Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching sensor while capturing video using CSI causes video scrolling

Jump to solution
ottob
Contributor IV

Hi There,

We are capturing video on the CSI port (BT1120 with embedded sync) and displaying it on a LCD. Problem is when the sensor (camera) is switched the video scrolls slowly for 4-5 seconds until it stabilizes again. The video format remains the same, however the signals do not have vsync lined up, which I'm assuming is causing the issue. I do not quite understand why its behaving like this though, since the vsync is present the CSI should be able to figure out the proper alignment right away.

We do not mind stopping and restarting the video to fix the problem, however I'm not aware of any status bits that could be read to indicate this problem. Are there any such bits ?

Btw, we are using gstreamer with the tvsrc running on a iMX6Q Yocto 1.0.0GA

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,

/Otto

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Otto,

I confirmed the usage of CSI with IP owner according to your application, there is no operations to clear VSYNC in CSI module, so you will have to reset CSI module after switching sensor and reload CSI driver.

Retry it , please !

Regards,

Weidong

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ottob
Contributor IV

Thanks for the information !

0 Kudos
weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Otto,

I confirmed the usage of CSI with IP owner according to your application, there is no operations to clear VSYNC in CSI module, so you will have to reset CSI module after switching sensor and reload CSI driver.

Retry it , please !

Regards,

Weidong

0 Kudos