Streaming USB camera from i.MX6 to Notebook through network

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Streaming USB camera from i.MX6 to Notebook through network

ScottKerstein
Contributor III

Using the Nitrogen6X with attached USB camera as a SERVER, I am able to play through the pipeline using this command.

root@nitrogen6x:~# gst-launch-0.10 v4l2src device=/dev/video0 ! 'video/x-raw-yuv,framerate=(fraction)30/1' ! ffmpegcolorspace ! vpuenc codec=6 ! rtph264pay  ! tcpserversink host=192.168.40.63 port=5000

So, I know I am 1/2 way there, but I am having a little trouble getting the video to stream on my Notebook CLIENT using Gstreamer.  On my Linux box, I have tried various combinations of the gst-launch command found within the community but get an error.

What would the corresponding CLIENT command be to launch Gstreamer and see the video?

Thanks.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
0 Kudos

ScottKerstein
Contributor III

Thank you, Yuri.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Scott

I would suggest to check below

ov5642-mx6qsdp-stream.pdf

GStreamer RTP Streaming

Best regards

igor

0 Kudos

ScottKerstein
Contributor III

Thank you, that was quite helpful, but needed to add "async-handling=true" to prevent from getting stuck during PREROLLING

scott@Linux-Dev:~$ gst-launch tcpclientsrc host=192.168.40.110 port=5000 ! jpegdec ! autovideosink async-handling=true

I changed to vpuenc codec=0

However, display window does not launch on CLIENT even though  CLIENT and SERVER pipelines are both PLAYING

0 Kudos

ScottKerstein
Contributor III

What would prevent the video box popping up in Linux on this network stream?  It works if I attach the webcamera to my Notebook and stream video using gst-launch, but does not act the same with network streaming for some reason.

0 Kudos