cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Streaming Overlapped (Composed) Videos over RTP

Jump to solution
denizdayan
Contributor II

I am trying to implement a system that takes live camera stream, overlays some text and symbols (using Alpha-Channel transparency); and transmits it over RTP/UDP, as a single video (from one port). Both host and client systems have i.MX6QP on. For now, I am trying to figure out the GStreamer and pipeline system with gst-launch, and only using test patterns as video sources.

Here is a simplified diagram to show what I'm trying to achieve:

ss.png

I have seen the videomixer plugin, but from what I understand, it is only used for overlaying and playing videos, not for creating 'transmittable' video streams. (I can use it with xvimagesink, but I couldn't achieve to implement the pipeline with udpsink. And I couldn't find a workaround for it.)

I haven't been able to find right tools/methods to implement the system described above. Am I right about the videomixer plugin? If so, what do you suggest me to do? Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

P.S. : I have asked the same question on S.O., but it seems that this is a more appropriate place.

Labels (4)
1 Solution
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

You may look at section 7 (Multimedia) of “i.MX_Linux_User's_Guide.pdf”

regarding supported GStreamer features: in particular section 7.3.15 (Video

composition) may help.

http://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=L4.1.15_2.1.0_LINUX_DOCS&Parent_nodeId=133769948107170617... 

Summary page :

i.MX 6 / i.MX 7 Series Software and Development Tool|NXP 

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

You may look at section 7 (Multimedia) of “i.MX_Linux_User's_Guide.pdf”

regarding supported GStreamer features: in particular section 7.3.15 (Video

composition) may help.

http://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=L4.1.15_2.1.0_LINUX_DOCS&Parent_nodeId=133769948107170617... 

Summary page :

i.MX 6 / i.MX 7 Series Software and Development Tool|NXP 

Have a great day,
Yuri

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

denizdayan
Contributor II

YuriMuhin_ng,

Thank you so much for the guidance. Unfortunately, I have no access to my setup for a week, so I am not able to try example pipelines with imxcompositor_g2d

So you say that I can direct the composed video (created using imxcompositor_g2d) to the ethernet line? The first example in the document you've shown is this:

gst-launch-1.0 imxcompositor_{xxx} name=comp sink_1::xpos=160 sink_1::ypos=120 ! overlaysink videotestsrc ! comp.sink_0 videotestsrc ! comp.sink_1

If I modify the pipeline like below, would it work?

gst-launch-1.0 imxcompositor_{xxx} name=comp sink_1::xpos=160 sink_1::ypos=120 ! udpsink host=19.10.1.22 port=5000 videotestsrc ! comp.sink_0 videotestsrc ! comp.sink_1 

Like I said, I cannot try it for now, but I did some tryings with another plugin, named imxg2dcompositor, with similar pipeline structure and couldn't achieve to receive properly.

0 Kudos
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

This is advantage of Gstreamer using, that we can just insert needed (proper) element in pipeline

to get required functionality. 

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos