Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Startup HardFault Exception and IAR Release/Debug Mode Behavior

Rudy25
Contributor I

Hi all,

Good day!

1. Startup HardFault Exception

We are using the iMXRT1062 and IAR IDE 9.20.1.

From reset, when running the debugger for the first time, it stops and hardfault exception appears. It did tell that for more info look at the call stack. However, the call stack doesn't have enough info.

Once we run the debugger again, it will continue and application runs smoothly. I would like to know on how to get rid of the hardfault exception at startup or maybe hints/ideas/suggestions. Or maybe, having this exception at startup is fine as it will not affect the behavior of the system during normal operation?

Kindly see attached png file for more info on this issue. 

2. IAR Release/Debug Mode Behavior

When in debug mode, functionality/behavior wise, the application is working as expected. However, when in Release mode, I've noticed that it couldn't print the value if the format is %.1f. On the debug terminal (e.g. Tera-Term) it displays for example like this "Temp :%f C" instead of "Temp :28.2 C". Other printf format is fine. What do you think the problem here? Is it because in release mode that format is not supported?

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,

Rudy

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Rudy25
Contributor I

Hi Jingpan,

Thanks for your response. 

1. Yes, this is our own project. However, we used the MIMXRT1060-EVK DEMO board as our reference and did adaptation accordingly. 

2. This one is already fixed. In Release workspace, it needs to change the printf formatter from Small to Full (Options -> General Options -> Library Options 1 -> Printf formatter) to enable the float format.

Thank you.

Regards,

Rudy

0 Kudos

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Rudy25 ,

Does the SDK demos have this problem?

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Rudy25 ,

1. I'm not sure what's the problem. 0x202000 is ROM code address. It seems like after hardfault, M7 come back to ROM code and stay there. Is this your own project?

2. You can compare in the options->c/c++ compiler->Preprocessor->Defined symbols.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos