cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulate imx6

eliugarcia
Contributor I

Hello greetings to all!

I would start developing a board based on IMX6 already eh seen the reference documentation, I come from the use of microcontrollers and the Z80 processor, which can be simulated in software and can make changes before creating a PCB, eh searched some info on google but can not find anything, is there any way to simulate the imx6 on any software before creating a real PCB?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hardly we can find i.MX6 tool, which can fully simulate it from programming

point of view, because of high complexity of the i.MX6. In the same time it is
possible to use simulation tools for ARM ; say, some code simulation is provided
by Insight debugger.    

https://www.sourceware.org/insight/index.php

Next, we can apply to products of known third party companies regarding ARM (i.MX6)
simulation :

www.arm.com/products/tools/software-tools/ds-5/

www.freescale.com/iar

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

eliugarcia
Contributor I

And in relation to circuit simulation is no way?, I would do my project based on the imx6 and I avoid burning circuits

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I have never head about i.MX6 circuit simulation, sorry.

Have a great day,
Yuri

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos