Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal Integrity Problem

Jump to solution
sameer_pitre
Contributor II

Hi,

I am working on i.MX8M MINI processor based design. I have completed the PCB layout activity and now want to do the Signal Integrity. I have downloaded the processor IBIS Model from below link. 

https://www.nxp.com/products/processors-and-microcontrollers/arm-processors/i.mx-applications-proces...

I am using HyperLynx 9.1 for SI. But I am getting folllowing error,

Checking C:\Users\system1\AppData\Local\Temp\ibs6DC7.tmp\imx8mm_14x14_v1.ibs for IBIS 5.0 Compatibility...

ERROR (line 4) - Illegal IBIS_Version '5.1'.
ERROR (line 5) - File_name string 'imx8mm_14x14_v1.ibs' is too long, truncating to 12 characters.
ERROR (line 5) - File_name 'imx8mm_14x14' must contain one period.
ERROR (line 5) - File name opened 'imx8mm_14x14_v1.ibs' not the same as File_name 'imx8mm_14x14'.
ERROR (line 29) - Exceeds 80 chararacters.
ERROR (line 144) - Model name string 'PBIDIRHS_E33_33_NT_DR_H' is too long, truncating to 20 characters.
ERROR (line 145) - Model name string 'PBIDIRHS_E33_33_NT_DR_H' is too long, truncating to 20 characters.
ERROR (line 146) - Model name string 'PBIDIRHS_E33_33_NT_DR_H' is too long, truncating to 20 characters.
ERROR (line 147) - Model name string 'PBIDIRHS_E33_33_NT_DR_H' is too long, truncating to 20 characters.
ERROR (line 148) - Model name string 'PBIDIRHS_E33_33_NT_DR_H' is too long, truncating to 20 characters.
ERROR (line 149) - Model name string 'PBIDIRHS_E33_33_NT_DR_H' is too long, truncating to 20 characters.
ERROR (line 235) - Model name string 'PBIDIRHS_E33_33_NT_DR_H' is too long, truncating to 20 characters.
ERROR (line 236) - Model name string 'PBIDIRHS_E33_33_NT_DR_H' is too long, truncating to 20 characters.
ERROR (line 237) - Model name string 'PBIDIRHS_E33_33_NT_DR_H' is too long, truncating to 20 characters.
ERROR (line 238) - Model name string 'PBIDIRHS_E33_33_NT_DR_H' is too long, truncating to 20 characters.
ERROR (line 239) - Model name string 'PBIDIRHS_E33_33_NT_DR_H' is too long, truncating to 20 characters.
ERROR (line 240) - Model name string 'PBIDIRHS_E33_33_NT_DR_H' is too long, truncating to 20 characters.

WARNING - Model M23_PBIDIR_HS_12_S_3 not referenced in any [Pin], [Model Selector], [Driver Schedule] or [Series Pin Mapping] sections.
No more warnings will be generated for un-referenced models

Errors : 747876
Warnings: 362
Cautions: 12

File Failed

I have attached the error file here. Can anybody suggest any solution to this problem ?

BR,

Sameer Pitre

Labels (1)
1 Solution
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I tried to check the i.MX8Mm IBIS file, using the ibis checker.

https://ibis.org/ibischk6/ 

It found only warnings regarding data is non-monotonic.

Generally You may try to modify the IBIS file manually in order to satisfy HyperLynx

requirements.

Have a great day,

Yuri.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:

- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored

Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I tried to check the i.MX8Mm IBIS file, using the ibis checker.

https://ibis.org/ibischk6/ 

It found only warnings regarding data is non-monotonic.

Generally You may try to modify the IBIS file manually in order to satisfy HyperLynx

requirements.

Have a great day,

Yuri.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:

- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored

Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

sameer_pitre
Contributor II

Hello Yuri,

Thanks for your reply. Let me try as per your suggestion. I will get back.

BR,

Sameer

0 Kudos