Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linux cryptodev CAAM Interface - Asymmetric Cryptography

Jump to solution
matthias_staube
Contributor II

Hello,

I found out through the Linux documentation that CAAM is exposed to the Linux OS via the cryptodev interface. I was able to run the openssl command line example and reproduce the speed improvement for AES-CBC.

From the documentation I gather that symmetric cryptography (AES, DES), as well as various hash algorithms are supported. However, it appears that asymmetric cryptography is not supported through the cryptodev interface, although it is supported by CAAM (correct me if I'm wrong). This raises the following questions:

• Is there a specific reason for not supporting asymmetric cryptography operations (such as ECDSA signature verification) through the cryptodev interface?
  •  Is it possible to enable support for accelerated asymmetric operations from within the Linux OS?

Thank you in advance for your insights.

Best Regards,

Matthias

SoC: i.MX 8M Quad, 4.14.98_2.0.0_ga

1 Solution
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I've sent some comments directly.

Have a great day,

Yuri.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:

- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored

Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I've sent some comments directly.

Have a great day,

Yuri.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:

- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored

Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.