cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secure boot in Imx8m

ravindrajinka88
Contributor I

Thanks YuriMuhin_ng

1- Using Single CST tool howmany times we can generate different Keys?

2- In Imx8m OTP fuses are used to store the keys, here on generic question is that once i programmed the fuses, i cant use it for second time programming. so in this case im thinking that we are going to lost the security updates related keys. is it correct? or how we are overcoming the security updates related keys?

3- Is there any optional memory for OTP fuses to store keys for development purpose. because once we programmed we cant use it for second time. 

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

ravindrajinka88
Contributor I

Thank you very much YuriMuhin_ng‌. 

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Look at my comments below.

I do not know about restrictions using Single CST tool to generate different Keys

many times.

New (updated) customer’s firmware should be signed, based on the same SRKs, which

hashes are burned in OTP.

I am afraid, there are no additional memory for OTP fuses to store keys for development

purpose.

Have a great day,

Yuri.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:

- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored

Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos