SDK failure

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDK failure

cowles
Contributor I
Using MCUXpresso IDE v 11.8.0, attempt to install the SDK for board "evkbimxrt1050" always results 
in the error:
"An error occurred while installing the items
session context was:(profile=DefaultProfile, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Install, operand=null -->
[R]org.eclipse.jdt.core.manipulation 1.17.0.v20221026-1918, action=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.touchpoint.eclipse.actions.InstallBundleAction).
The artifact file for osgi.bundle,org.eclipse.jdt.core.manipulation,1.17.0.v20221026-1918 was not found."

This also occurred with older versions of MCUXpresso! Will anyone ever fix this?
0 Kudos
4 Replies

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @cowles ,

What's your OS and how do you download the SDK?

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos

cowles
Contributor I

I am using Debian versions 11 and 12 on two different machines. The problem comes when you

"download and install SDKs" at the mcuxpresso welcome screen. Separately downloading an SDK

and passing it to mcuxpresso does work. I have used several versions of mcuxpresso with several

different EVK's, and they all do the same thing. Why invite people to use it if it doesn't work?

Chris

0 Kudos

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @cowles ,

I'll report this issue to software team. Please download SDK from mcuxpresso.nxp.com currently.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos

stefanct
Contributor III

Are there any news about this? I am a first-time user of mcuxpresso and neither the in-built download nor the manual install works for me.

Dropping the .zip downloaded from the SDK builder into the "Installed SDKs" view results in the following dialog with an deactivated OK button (presumably because the .manifest field is left empty... because I don't know where it should come from):

stefanct_0-1695656587277.png

Using the alternative via "Import archive..." results in

stefanct_2-1695657123779.png

All of this with MCUXpresso IDE v11.8.0 [Build 1165] [2023-07-26] on Debian stable (12).

0 Kudos