cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAI in synchronous mode configuration

linasstaisiunas
Contributor I

Hi,

I have got SAI on i.MX6 and need to configure it properly in synchronous mode. There are two cases in sync mode:

1. SAI transmitter synchronous with receiver

2. SAI receiver synchronous with transmitter

Question:

Should I set RCR2, RCR4, RCR5 and TCR2, TCR4, TCR5 registers across both the transmitter and receiver? Or should it be configured according to the synchronous mode selection?

For example:

1. If SAI transmitter synchronous with receiver I configure only RCR2, RCR4 and RCR5. Leave transmitter reg untouched.

2. If SAI receiver synchronous with transmitter I configure only TCR2, TCR4 and TCR5. Leave receiver reg untouched.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Linas

please refer to sect.42.3.3.1 Synchronous mode i.MX6UL Reference Manual

http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/ref_manual/IMX6ULRM.pdf

"The transmitter must be configured for asynchronous operation and the receiver for
synchronous operation."

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

linasstaisiunas
Contributor I

I understand that synchronous configuration (SYNC bits in register TCR2 and RCR2). But what about bit clock divider, bit clock direction, bit clock polarity, frame configuration registers setup in case "The transmitter must be configured for asynchronous operation and the receiver for
synchronous operation." ? Should I set both transceiver and receiver registers with proper values?

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

bit clock divider, bit clock direction, bit clock polarity do not depend on

synchronous/asynchronous configuration.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

linasstaisiunas
Contributor I

Thank you for response.