SABRE for Tablets based on i.MX53 WiFi/Bluetooth Module

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SABRE for Tablets based on i.MX53 WiFi/Bluetooth Module

MikeHargrave
Contributor I

Has anybody successfully enabled the WiFi/Bluetooth module on the SABRE for Tablets based on i.MX53 running Windows Embedded Compact 7?

I followed the instructions in the Reference Manual. Nothing.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

MikeHargrave
Contributor I

Andrew,

This is quite funny. You've been through exactly what I have with Freescale. You persevered. I gave up.

I really do appreciate the post, and look forward to any news about a fix.

Mike

PS. We got the module working with Android, also.

0 Kudos

Oceanblue
Contributor III

We are also looking for Wifi/BT module to support MX53 Window Embedded compact 7, so far we got nothing feedback. If anyone get the source, please share with us. thx.

Jack

0 Kudos

iMXAndrew
Contributor II

Mike,

I have been working with this problem for 6 months with freescale tech support. Here is what I have found. They consistantly told me that the wifi/bluetooth USI module that I had to get the software from Athero's/Qualcomm as the software in the BSP was just for demo. I told the that I could not even demo the module.

Now, they have found out the problem. I guess when they purchased the module from USI, Atheros changed the firmware and that is why we keep seeing the error in the boot. They have now told me there is a problem and they are trying to get it fixed. Now it has been 3 weeks since I have` heard anything. Now my Service request is labeled as pending. Hopefully they will get it fixed soon. I will let you know the fix once I hear back from them.

The weird thing is that the module works in Android builds, just not WEC7.

0 Kudos