SABRE AI I.MX6 Quad CAN Bus

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SABRE AI I.MX6 Quad CAN Bus

neavyseal
Contributor I

I have SABRE for Automotive Infotainment Based on the i.MX 6 Quad card and i am working on CAN BUS on android. I am using socketcan can-utils library and when i try to send some message i get BUS-OFF error. I was trying to work on CAN signals on J34 but there is also a CAN connector named J35. When i write "ifconfig -a" on terminal, i get can0 device. So my question is which connector belongs to this CAN0 interface i see on terminal. My second question is how can i get it work? I know "ip link" and can-utils commands like cansend, candump etc.

Any help is appreciated,

Thank you,

0 Kudos
1 Reply

alejandrolozan1
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

As far as I see can0 should correspond to J34. I suggest you to check with a scope if you get any signal before and after the transceiver first.

Do you have some other nodes connected?

The first time to send a frame and there is no other node to ack the frames, the node goes to error passive mode but not to bus-off mode. If you do not have any other node connected and you see that the node is going to bus-off mode, this may imply a short between can_h and can_l lines or a problem with the transceiver.

Just to make sure again, please check the signals before and after the transceiver.

Best Regards,

Alejandro

0 Kudos