Running U-boot standalone API's in spicific core

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running U-boot standalone API's in spicific core

edwinkaus
Contributor III

I am working on Imx6 sabre SD free-scale board, we have u-boot compiled for the board also running an standalone API's(simple hello_world program) from u-boot.

But now I want to load & run this standalone application in any of specified core (other then core 0). By default u-boot runs in core 0 of processor.

what are the steps to initialize new core & switch to new core.

Can anyone help me or suggest some reference available.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Edwin

one can try to reuse sdk baremetal example (zip available on SMP Enable in IMX6 )

please check Chapter 3 Multicore Startup iMX6_Firmware_Guide.pdf included in its documentation.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

edwinkaus
Contributor III

Hi igorpadykov .,

Thanks for your reply.,

Here I am trying write my own bare metal program to initialize the secondary cores & enable. 

I tried following steps:

>> I loaded the Hello_world.bin standalone program to the RAM(Addr: 0x10000000) using fatload command.

>> I have added an custom u-boot command in that I am initializing persistent bits of core 2(address) , Reset & Enable of core 2. as follows.

REG(SRC_GPR3) = 0x10000000;  //Address of standalone bin file
val = REG(SRC_SCR);
val |= 1 << 14 ;
val |= 1 << 22 ;
REG(SRC_SCR) = val ;  // RESET & Enable of secondary core

Up on entering the custom command I expect the standalone program to execute by secondary core, But its not working.

Can you please help me to resolve this issue.

Thank you.,

Regards

Edwin

0 Kudos