cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMP Enable in IMX6

vishnuj
Contributor I

Hi All,

We are developing a hypervisor(we can consider it as a small RTOS) in Freescale i.MX6 Quad SABRE Smart Device Board. I am able to run this hypervisor in single core.

Now i am trying to enable SMP. For that i followed the steps used in Linux kernel. But while trying to trigger secondary cores the system(core 0) freeze on the SRC_SCR enable        register.

Please suggest the possible reasons for this issue. Also please tell the necessary procedures we have to do for enabling SMP.

Regards

Vishnu

0 Kudos
6 Replies

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please find it attached.

Best Regards,

Artur

vishnuj
Contributor I

Hi,

Thank you very much for the SDK.

I referred the sdk and made some modifications in my source. Now the secondary core starts booting, but freezing is happening at different place.

Seems the stack is running out, for the secondary core( not sure).

I wrote a dummy function which use 100 bytes of stack mem and called it iteratively from secondary core and caused freezing after 20- 40 calls.
Without that 100 bytes stack usage it is running without freezing. That's why i suspect the stack mem.

Any suggestions for the above issue?

Regards

Vishnu

0 Kudos

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please refer to the Chapter 3 of the attached document. Hope it will be of some help.

Also, I can provide the complete Platform SDK package, mentioned in this document, if required.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

vishnuj
Contributor I

Hi Artur,

Thank you very much for your reply.

It would be helpful to me if you provide the SDK package.

Regards

Vishnu

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Vishnu

such configuration is not provided in nxp bsps for i.MX6DQ, however one

can look at i.MX6SX rtos+linux, please refer to attached Linux Manual

with description of heterogeneous multicore chip where different processing cores

running different instruction sets and different OSs in Chapter 51.

BSPs can be found on

i.MX 6 Series Software and Development Tool|NXP

Best regards

igor

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

vishnuj
Contributor I

Hi Igor,

Thank You for you reply.

Actually i am not using hetergeneous system. Two OS is planned to run using some virtualization methods. The OSs will run above on top of the hypervisor(a small kernel).

My actual problem is  -  i am running a hypervisor  above U-boot(we can consider the hypervisor as a small OS running instead of linux). Here the multiple OS case is not coming to picture. This hypervisor itself is a small OS.  I want to just enable SMP in this hypervisor.

Sorry for the lack of clarity in my first mail, hope you will get the actual scenario from this mail.

Regards

Vishnu

0 Kudos