cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Runing MFGTool with kernel 3.14 hangs with windows driver error

Jump to solution
petarbajic
Contributor III

Im working on custom SabreSD board and I compiled U-boot 2015 and Kernel 3.14 for MFG firmware. When I run the tool it downloads u-boot, kernel, rootfs and dtb then jumps to OS. I see it boots u-boot and kernel in uart console, and then device disconnects from Windows 7 PC and it should connect again but Windows pops up error: "Device driver software was not successfully installed", and MFG Tool hangs with "No device Connected"...

Last UART log from kernel is:

g_mass_storage gadget: Mass Storage Gadget, version: 2009/09/11

g_mass_storage gadget: g_mass_storage ready

Freeing unused kernel memory: 432K (c0bbf000 - c0c2b000)

Starting UTP

uuc 0.5 [built Dec  3 2015 08:26:46]

UTP: Waiting for device to appear

UTP: file/device node /dev/utp already exists

cpu_id is 0

Is there something in kernel config I should tweak for windows to get this device? I have it working with older kernel 3.0.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
petarbajic
Contributor III

I have it working on other Windows 7 computers and it also works if I plug it to another USB port, so I'll blame this one on Windows USB driver peculiarity. Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Petar

one can check if correct board configuration is selected with *.vbs

file. Also check that you ran ddr test and updated mfg firmware with new board

ddr settings.

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
petarbajic
Contributor III

Where is this *.vbs file?

I have it working on other Windwos XP and Linux computers, so this issue is either related to Win7 or just my computer. I'll try to reinstall drivers.

0 Kudos
petarbajic
Contributor III

I have it working on other Windows 7 computers and it also works if I plug it to another USB port, so I'll blame this one on Windows USB driver peculiarity. Thanks.

0 Kudos