cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rapid IoT

Jump to solution
europevideo
Contributor II
I have the rapid IoT prototyping kit and have a few questions right away; 1. The board battery only works for about an hour, what is the intention? 2. I have problems with the bluetooth connection, he shows himself as P7D20 but I can not connect to it, any idea?
Labels (2)
1 Solution
frq05186
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

To your question1:

The application loaded on the kit, out of factory is a demo application running 'full steam'.

All sensors are on, processors are running full speed and the sensors are refreshed very regularly. Backlight is set to max and the display never turned off.

Expected time to deplete battery in these conditions is a bit more than 1h30 (depending how many times you play with the screens as changing pages is consuming power)

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Our expert engineer has given reply to you, please have a check. About the rapid Iot prototyping kit qustions you can create thread here Rapid IoT.  And all the rapid Iot prototyping kit resource are here www.nxp.com/rapid-iot in NXP website. Hope this can do help for you.

Have a nice day

Rita

frq05186
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

To your question1:

The application loaded on the kit, out of factory is a demo application running 'full steam'.

All sensors are on, processors are running full speed and the sensors are refreshed very regularly. Backlight is set to max and the display never turned off.

Expected time to deplete battery in these conditions is a bit more than 1h30 (depending how many times you play with the screens as changing pages is consuming power)

europevideo
Contributor II

Thanks for the answer, ill guess to power the device in a meaningful way is by a USB cable on a computer. Or a 5V battery with a USB plug on it.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
frq05186
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

It all depends on your application and desired use case.

The kit can work on battery and by designing program according to your needs you can achieve weeks or even month of battery duration, without plugging the kit.

(You could decrease the backlight, turn the sensors you do not need off... and whatever you can think off)

Now indeed, plugging the kit via USB to a battery (5000mAH or even 10000mAH) will for sure extend the autonomy. (Battery Embedded in the kit is about 200mAH)

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Which product are you using?

0 Kudos
europevideo
Contributor II
I use the rapid IoT prototyping kit
0 Kudos
europevideo
Contributor II
I now have solved the BlueTooth problem,  the software in the Rapid IoT was jammed I had to reset it. After this, the device was visible again. As long as you do not touch the device, you do not notice that it is stuck. The initial screen remained visible in my case ...

It would be nice if there was a blinking pixel (or a vew) (as long as the software runs) on the screen then i can see if it is running or not.

0 Kudos