cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAM type supported by i.MX 6ULL

mp-effegi
Contributor I

Hi all!

For the redesign of a cost-sensitive industrial application, (no display, only some serial, Can, Eth) we are evaluating i.MX6ULL processor;  the choice is based by attempt to minimize the effort/cost for porting the code of the actual version, developed on a linux embedded platform.

The RAM (DDR2 or DDR3) is the largest cost item in the BOM... so to minimize the cost we would like to mount the minimal quantity and the cheapest type of RAM. The datasheet isn't clear about all the RAM types supported.

I know that recent RAM types are cheapest, and the minimal density are growing... but if anyone has suggestion, we would be very grateful

Regards,

Massimo

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

mp-effegi
Contributor I

Thank you, Igor

But if I want to maintain RAM , can I use slower DDR3L, for example 666MHz or 800MHz instead of Micron 933MHz type used in the evaluation board MCIMX6ULL-CM? The datasheet says that clock frequency for DDRx is 400MHz...

Best regards

Massimo

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Massimo

yes these memory types also may be used.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Massimo

you are right, i.MX6UL MMDC supports only DDR3(L) or LPDDR2.

For cost sensitive applications one can consider running applications from

NOR flashes connected to EMI, QSPI or OCRAM.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos