cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX 6SoloX cortex M4: Unable to get ECSPI5 working with SDMA

manikandanps
Contributor I

Hi,

I am using SDMA for ECSPI2 and ECSPI3 in M4 core of i.MX 6 SoloX. Both memory to ECSPI_Tx and ECSPI_Rx to memory were working fine. But, I couldn't get ECSPI5 working with SDMA. Any specific settings needs to be done for this ? ECSPI5 works fine standalone without SDMA though.

Also, in the reference manual under DMA memory map, no peripheral base address is stated for ECSPI5, Does SDMA supports ECSPI5 ?

Thanks,

Manikandan P S

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

manikandanps
Contributor I

hi Igor,

As pointed out by you, IMX6DQRM.pdf reference manual shows  peripheral memory map for ECSPI5 but, this is internal to SDMA right ? not something to do with the arm cores memory map if i am right.

the SDK i am using has an array "sdma_code" containing the dma code which is loaded into SDMA's RAM region. I don't know whether it supports ECSPI5.

Is there any latest sdma_code array i can get  supporting all ECSPI's ?

It is still unclear for me why ECSPI5 alone doesn't work with SDMA.

Thanks,

Manikandan P S

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Manikandan

one can check ecspi5 sdma settings in IOMUXC_GPR_GPR0,

described in sect.35.4.1 GPR0 General Purpose Register (IOMUXC_GPR_GPR0)

i.MX6SX Reference Manual.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

manikandanps
Contributor I

hi igor,

The default values(power on reset) is correct for this register. Still i ensured the values were 0 in this register before starting the dma channels. So, this register is having the correct values for ECSPI5 dma events(11 & 12) and isn't the cause for this problem.

Thanks,

Manikandan P S

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Manikandan

I checked internally, there were no reported issues with ecspi5 sdma. 

So recommendation to apply for help of Professional Services to develop custom driver:
NXP Professional Services|NXP 

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Manikandan

one can check RDC memory region mappings, for ECSPI5 try 0x6000

as in i.MX6DQ Reference Manual.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos