Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about iMx61solo in MJPEG encoding mode

Jump to solution
RobbieJiang
Contributor IV

Hi,

We'd like to use iMX61Solo as the video processing processor for one of our projects, which presents the following requirements:

1. MJPEG encoding;

2. input image size: 12Mpixes;

3. encoded frame rate: >=13fps;

4. compression ratio: >=20:1

From the data sheet of iMX61Solo, there will be no problems for the first three requirements,

since MX61Solo supports MJPEG encoding BP standard.

But how about the last one? Since MJPEG encoding  is an intraframe compression,

probably the compression ratio depends on the input image heavily.  Right?

Is there any lower or upper limits on the compression ratio of iMX61Solo in MJPEG encoding mode?

And how about the bitrate?  Giving the input image size is 12Mpixel and 2Bytes/pixel (I420), 13fps.

Has the gstreamer  multimedia framework been ready for supporting iMX61Solo?

Best regards,

Robbie

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jack_mao
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Here is the MJPEG encoder description

Up to 4:2:2 format

MJPEG decoder supports 32 M pixel per second and the image size is up to 8196×8196 @ 133

MHz, this performance  is for 6q, but simliar to solo. I agree with you that the  compression ratio depend on the input image.

I didn't see any limitation for the compress ration, it should follow the spec.

By the way, the solo have released several versions. That say the gstreamer is ready.

jack

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jack_mao
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Here is the MJPEG encoder description

Up to 4:2:2 format

MJPEG decoder supports 32 M pixel per second and the image size is up to 8196×8196 @ 133

MHz, this performance  is for 6q, but simliar to solo. I agree with you that the  compression ratio depend on the input image.

I didn't see any limitation for the compress ration, it should follow the spec.

By the way, the solo have released several versions. That say the gstreamer is ready.

jack

0 Kudos