Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QT creator example project fails to deploy

Jump to solution
Michael_Jacobson
Contributor II

i am using the imx93evk board with the full image running on it

i just installed QT creator and picked an example project and loaded it with the boot2qt 6.6.0 NXP 93 EVK 11x11 environment. the example i picked was media player

it builds fine

i had to alter the deploy because rsync doesn't exist on the "full" image. that is issue 1

i changed it to deploy using sftp

when it goes to run it says this:

16:32:58: Starting /usr/bin/appcontroller /usr/examples/demos/mediaplayer/MediaPlayerApp on NXP imx93EVK...
sh: line 1: /usr/bin/appcontroller: No such file or directory
16:32:58: /usr/bin/appcontroller on NXP imx93EVK exited with code 127

i assume app controller doesn't exist in the "full" image build

where do i start to fix this? why would example projects not work? is there some QT setting that needs to be added to make this work?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Michael_Jacobson
Contributor II

apparently there is a linking issue in that specific project which was discovered by Sam Davies

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Michael_Jacobson
Contributor II

apparently there is a linking issue in that specific project which was discovered by Sam Davies

0 Kudos
Michael_Jacobson
Contributor II

in addition:

when i go to launch the deployed application in /usr/examples/demos/mediaplayer i get this error:

./MediaPlayerApp: error while loading shared libraries: libQt6Multimedia.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

and when i look in /usr/lib i do not see libQt6Multimedia.so.6

so it looks like it won't run the actual demo by itself because it doesn't have the right library installed. i'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to yocto. where would i change the recipe to add this library and what do i need to add to do it?

0 Kudos