Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QSpi boot mode, channel 'B'

Jump to solution
o_scherbinin
Contributor III

hello
i am making the acquaintance with MCIMX6SX-SDB kit.
investigating QSPI boot configuration

i have seen booting from QSPI2 ('A' channel, there is the 32M flash, address 0x70000000),
likewise QSPI2 channel 'B', there is the 32M flash, address 0x78000000, same.
My question is:
is there oportunity to boot from channel 'B' of QSPI2?
May i place qspi header at address 0x78000400 and

would it acceptable for "boot ROM" or i must use channel 'A' only.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Oleg

seems QSPI 'A' channel is always needed as described in sect.8.6.3 QuadSPI configuration parameters:

The QuadSPI Configuration Parameters Table is built in the boot image at a fixed offset
of 0x400 from the QSPI NOR A1 base address

i.MX 6SoloX Applications Processor Reference Manual

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

1 Reply
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Oleg

seems QSPI 'A' channel is always needed as described in sect.8.6.3 QuadSPI configuration parameters:

The QuadSPI Configuration Parameters Table is built in the boot image at a fixed offset
of 0x400 from the QSPI NOR A1 base address

i.MX 6SoloX Applications Processor Reference Manual

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!