cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QSB and LVDS

wayne_ng
Contributor I

Hi,

I am right in assuming that the demo image that comes with the QSB only supports two resolutions on the LVDS interface?

By looking in ldb.c I can only see references to 1080P60 and XGA, whereas I was looking for support for WVGA. Could I just add the resolution to ldb.c and recompile the kernel and go from there? For the sake of completeness my bootargs are lvds=video=mxcdi0fb:RGB666,XGA ldb.

It's a bit disappoiting that the QSB doesn't support a greater range of screen resolutions out of the box.

Thanks

W

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

LilyZhang
Contributor I

1. The QS demo image assumed to use HanStar LVDS panel.

2. If you want to use different LVDS panel with QS board, you must ensure the LVDS cable and LVDS panel are compatible with MX53 QS board.

3. You can follow some instructions under http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/user_guide/MX53UG.pdf?fsrch=1&sr=1 for customized LVDS usage.

0 Kudos

wayne_ng
Contributor I
I did but I did not follow it through, we got a decent price on a parallel tft screen therefore we have a abandoned using LVDS. There is information in the TRM and in the source files on how to add additional screen resolutions/timings to the source code. the TRM should be your first port of call.

Liran ben haim said:

hi

did you find a solution to the above

thanks

liran

0 Kudos

Liranbenhaim
Contributor I

hi

did you find a solution to the above

thanks

liran