cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with iMX6SoloX IBIS Model

Balaji_ng
Contributor III

Hi all,

Is there anybody out there who have used the i.MX6SoloX IBIS Model provided by NXP successfully with Hyperlynx? I am trying to use the following file without any luck. 

IBIS FileName: mx6sx_bga19x19_autmtv.ibs

Regards,

Balaji.V

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

Balaji_ng
Contributor III

Hi Yuri

I think you are using it for Linesim (Pre-Layout SI). I am trying to use it for BoardSim (Post-Layout SI). Can you try it with BoardSim?

Regards

Balaji V

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Alas, cannot convert the SoloX .brd file to .hyp.

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

According to Chapter 5 (Understanding the IBIS Model) of “Hardware Development Guide for i.MX 6SoloX ...” :

“Freescale board designers used the i.MX6Q IBIS model with the Hyperlynx tool by Mentor Graphics.
The HyperLynx version used was HyperLynx v8.1.1 + Update 2.”

Please let me know what messages about the IBIS file error appear ?

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Balaji_ng
Contributor III

Hi Yuri,

Let me explain my setup. I am using Mentorgraphics Hyperlynx V8.0. I have downloaded the IBIS model from NXP website (FileName: mx6sx_bga19x19_autmtv.ibs). After configuring the Stack-up and assigning the models, when I select a net for Analysis, the tool just hangs and an APPCRASH occurs after some time. The file size of I.MX6SX IBIS Model is about 75MB (1253512 Lines). Other IBIS Models does not seem to be this large. 

Request you to let me know if I can use the IBIS Model in as is form or should I change something in the IBIS Model?

Regards,

Balaji V

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I do not have the i.MX6 SX IBIS files on hands. If possible, please

send me link to resource to download them. My e-mail : Yuri.Muhin@NXP.com  

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos

Balaji_ng
Contributor III

It is available to download from NXP website. Following is a link to download:

http://cache.nxp.com/lgfiles/NMG/i.MX6SX-IBIS.zip?fpsp=1&WT_TYPE=IBIS%20Model&WT_VENDOR=FREESCALE&WT... 

Regards,

Balaji.V

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I tried the model under HyperLynx 8.0 with free-form schematic (very simple) - it works.

Also You may check the IBIS file under HyperLynx. 

Regards,

Yuri.