Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with i.MX6Q_SDB_SD_Demo_Image.exe

Jump to solution
andrewellis
Contributor III

Hi,

When I was trying to download Linux to my SABRE board I managed to erase the Android image that was on the SD Card and ended up with a version of Linux that wouldn't boot. So I plugged the card into my card reader and ran i.MX6Q_SDB_SD_Demo_Image.exe To restore Android. When I ran the app, no drives where listed in the drop down box. Obviously I couldn't read the card in windows because of the format, so I formatted it under windows and ran the app again, still no drives where listed. I tried clicking "Create" anyway to see what would happen, and it said "invalid argument was encountered". I can't find any instructions to go with this app so how do I use it to create the Andorid demo image on my SD card?

Thanks

Andrew

Labels (2)
1 Solution
andrewellis
Contributor III

Hi again,

For the benefit of anyone who may read this I did resolve the problem fully.

I reran i.MX6Q_SDB_SD_Demo_Image.exe but this time when I chose the drive I selected PhysicalDrive1 [F:] rather than removable drive [F:]. When I inserted the SD card into the sabre board Android booted without any problems as when I received the eval board.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
FranciscoCarril
Contributor V

The problem is that when you format it for linux, you create a couple of partitions,  so when you insert it on windows and try to format it it will format one of the partitions only. So selecting the phisicalDrive was a very good move. Good that you solved it.   Otherwise you would have needed to format your SD in a linux host in order to erase the partitions and prepare it for android.

0 Kudos
andrewellis
Contributor III

I have partially solved this problem:

I'm running this app under Windows 7, and needed to run the app as an administrator.

However when I try and run Android it fails. I have entered the following into uBoot:

U-Boot > setenv bootcmd booti mmc2 [Load the boot.img from SD card]

U-Boot > setenv bootargs console=ttymxc0,115200 init=/init video=mxcfb0 video=mxcfb1:off

video=mxcfb2:off fbmem=10M fb0base=0x27b00000 vmalloc=400M androidboot.console=ttymxc0

[Optional]

U-Boot > saveenv [Save the environments]

The above was taken from page 11 of the Android user guide. However uBoot says booti is an unknown command.

What else is needed to make Android boot successfully?

0 Kudos
andrewellis
Contributor III

Hi again,

For the benefit of anyone who may read this I did resolve the problem fully.

I reran i.MX6Q_SDB_SD_Demo_Image.exe but this time when I chose the drive I selected PhysicalDrive1 [F:] rather than removable drive [F:]. When I inserted the SD card into the sabre board Android booted without any problems as when I received the eval board.

0 Kudos