Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with GPU profiling

Jump to solution
andrzejdziedzic
Contributor IV

Hi

I found some problem with profiling GPU on Android (iMX6QP on SABRE AI, Android L5.1.1_2.1.0).

The profiler often shows that rendering takes more that 16ms, so 60 fps is not achieved (vertical bars pushes above the horizontal green line), see an example image below:

gpu_profiler.png

But in fact animation plays smooth at 60fps, there is even some room to display more graphics on screen without slowing down the animation.

It looks there is some problem with calculating the orange part of bars. Do you have some idea where to find this issue? Or maybe you know another tool which can show the real GPU usage?

At this moment the Android profiler is a bit useless, because it doesn't show the truth.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Andrzej Dziedzic,

It seems that there is a delay on the communication between the Android Profiler and the GPU. I would recommend using the vProfiler tool from Vivante, which should work correctly provided that you use the version that corresponds to your Android GPU driver.

You may find more information on this tool in the i.MX 6 Graphics User’s Guide which is part of the Android BSP documentation bundle.

I hope this information helps!

Regards,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
andrzejdziedzic
Contributor IV

Thanks for help!

I will use the vProfiler.

Best regards,

Andy

0 Kudos
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Andrzej Dziedzic,

It seems that there is a delay on the communication between the Android Profiler and the GPU. I would recommend using the vProfiler tool from Vivante, which should work correctly provided that you use the version that corresponds to your Android GPU driver.

You may find more information on this tool in the i.MX 6 Graphics User’s Guide which is part of the Android BSP documentation bundle.

I hope this information helps!

Regards,

0 Kudos