cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Playback VP9 decoding

reyhanehyazdani
Contributor II

Hi everyone,

I  am working on imx8Mm-evk, using sumo version of Freescale-BSP and trying to play a video VP9 file with Gstreamer.

When I play only the video with the below Gstreamer pipelines, video plays correctly:

gst-launch-1.0 -v filesrc location=vp9.webm ! matroskademux ! queue ! vpudec ! waylandsink async=false enable-last-sample=false qos=false sync=true

But when I want to play video with audio(below), then the screen gets black and the Gstreamer pipeline is not stopped.

gst-launch-1.0 -v filesrc location=vp9.webm ! matroskademux name=demux demux. ! queue ! vpudec ! waylandsink demux. ! queue max-size-buffers=0 max-size-time=0 ! beepdec ! alsasink

Could anyone help me and let me know what is the correct pipeline?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Reyhaneh

one can look at examples in sect.7.3.1.3 Audio/Video file playback Linux Guide included in

linux documentation Linux L4.14.78_1.0.0 Documentation

use Demo Images from

i.MX Software | NXP 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

reyhanehyazdani
Contributor II

Hi Igor,

I know this document and I went through that.  I also use  NXP image. The point is aiurdemux demux in Freescale BSP is not working. It always returns this error:

file: /usr/lib/imx-mm/parser/lib_avi_parser_arm_elinux.so.3.1
ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstAiurDemux:demux: GStreamer encountered a general stream error.
Additional debug info:
../../../git/plugins/aiurdemux/aiurdemux.c(1018): aiurdemux_pull_task (): /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstAiurDemux:demux:
streaming stopped, reason error, state 1

Anyway, I replaced aiurdemux with qtdemux or matroskademux, and for other video format(H.265, H.264 and VP8) they work but for VP9 video format, only playing video without sound is Ok, when I add the beepdec and alsasink for the audio, then the problem is appeared.  The problem should not been related to the aiurdemux, rather should be regarding audio decoder and sink.

Best regard,

Reyhaneh

0 Kudos