cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PF0100 - On-board Programming Interface

davidkearney
Contributor II

Hi Guys,

Question regarding programming the PF0100 PMIC in-situ on product PCB.

I have the PMIC loaded on my product PCB. I also have a programming interface, to allow the device to be programmmed on the PCB via  KITPFPGMEVME if required. In normal operation,  VDDIO is powered via the SW3A buck regulator from the PMIC and during programming, the PCB will be unpowered and the  KITPFPGMEVME applies it's own 3V3 to VDDIO to allow it to program the PMIC.

My question is will the 3V3 applied via the KITPFPGMEVME to VDDIO, which will also then be applied to the SW3A output while the PMIC is in an unprogrammed state, going to cause any damage to SW3A? I know the reg can regulate up to 3.3V but am not sure what effect applying 3V3 at this output while the regulator is not regulating will have.

Hope this makes sense!

Cheers,

Dave

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello David, 

Since there is no way to disconnect VDDIO connection with SW3A, you can try to do OTP for PMIC, VDDIO is 3.3V and SW3A is 3.3V, in theory, PMIC can't be damaged.

Have a nice day!

TIC Weidong Sun

0 Kudos

davidkearney
Contributor II

Thanks Mr Sun. Does this mean in theory if SW3A is set to 1.8V and 3.3V programming is applied to it that it could be damaged?

What do customers normally do in this situation?

Many Thanks,

Dave

0 Kudos