cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCIe documentation for i.MX7D development

Jump to solution
fraserbrown
Contributor I

Hi all, apologies if already asked but couldn't find anything via the search facility ...

I am working with a bare metal i.MX7D board (so no Linux or other ready made RTOS) and need to utilise PCIe to interface to an FPGA. I have previously developed for i.MX35, i.MX6Q and i.MX6SoloX so fairly familiar with these platforms but first time with PCIe ! However, the i.MX7 RM doesn't appear to have a chapter for PCIe as per the RM for i.MX6 (or SoloX) for example. It has a section for 'PCIe_PHY' although that appears to be quite different from the i.MX6 chapter. The memory map chapter defines some regions for PCIe registers but that's all I can find.

Any idea where I can find the information (or missing chapter) to help get started ?

I have some PCIe driver source from a Freescale i.MX6 dev kit I had previously downloaded but can't find an equivalent for the i.MX7 although I understand they are quite similar but it would be nice to see some proper documentation and even better find an i.MX7 dev kit with a PCIe (or PCI) driver.

Any help or a pointer somewhere else would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I already received an internal reply; it was submitter a proper report for the missing part of the i.MX7RM, thanks a lot for your valuable feedback.

For now, you could refer to the i.MX6 documentation, as the PCIe controller is the same.

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I have internally escalated your question, in order to verify if there is any missing content on the i.MX7 RM regarding PCIe.

I will send you an update as soon as having news.

Best regards!

/Carlos

0 Kudos
fraserbrown
Contributor I

Thank you, much appreciated!

0 Kudos
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I already received an internal reply; it was submitter a proper report for the missing part of the i.MX7RM, thanks a lot for your valuable feedback.

For now, you could refer to the i.MX6 documentation, as the PCIe controller is the same.

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
fraserbrown
Contributor I

Thank you for the update, that will help greatly.

0 Kudos