Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Off-Chip Trace i.MX6UL

Jump to solution
guillaume17
Contributor I

Hi,

I'm looking for information or documents that tell me how to use the trace feature on i.MX6UL.

I saw that there was an Embedded Trace Macrocell (ETM) and Embedded Trace Buffer (ETB). In this case, it is necessary to read with the JTAG the buffer (ETB).

I would like in my case to make code coverage. I think the best solution is to use the trace port unit. However, I can not find the port to use and the pins.

Is it possible to recover the traces with for example the LAUTERBACH Off-Chip Trace Solution probe ?
Is the trace port available and if so where can I find the pins?

Thanks for your help

Cordially

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Use section 4.1.1 (Muxing Options) of the i.MX 6UL Reference Manual (Rev. 1,
04/2016) for “ARM_PLATFORM” instance, signals EVENTx, TRACEx, mux-ed with

LCD signals.

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/reference-manual/IMX6ULRM.pdf 

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Appears, the LCD IF can not be used as TRACE IF. The TRACE IF might be used by SoC

team for internal test only. Currently, it uses the JTAG IF to connect to Lauterbach Trace32

on our EVK board. 

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Use section 4.1.1 (Muxing Options) of the i.MX 6UL Reference Manual (Rev. 1,
04/2016) for “ARM_PLATFORM” instance, signals EVENTx, TRACEx, mux-ed with

LCD signals.

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/reference-manual/IMX6ULRM.pdf 

Have a great day,
Yuri

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!