OS+GUI options for fast bootup

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OS+GUI options for fast bootup

kubiznak_petr
Contributor V

Hi, I would like to ask what are the best options for fast bootup of graphical applications on the A5 core (500 MHz). In particular, I need to get bootup time under 5 seconds.

My experience is that Linux+Qt takes about 25-30 seconds. The time can be surely reduced, but I highly doubt that under 5 seconds. Other GUIs then Qt might be faster, but still, I don't give it much chance. But maybe someone has different experience...?

What else is here? I believe MQX+eGUI might be a way, but AFAIK there is no support of A5 cores and DCU4 peripheral in eGUI.

So, what other options do you have experience with?

PS: My case is the Freescale Vybrid VF6 processor, but this question is more general.

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

kubiznak_petr
Contributor V

Hi jimmychan, thank you for your reply. The linked post seem to discuss a hardware-specific optimization, I'm interested in general solutions. But they also link to Sitara Linux Training: Boot Time Reduction - Texas Instruments Wiki, which gives really a detailed explanation of how to reduce general Linux boot time - so perfect for Linux!

Anyway, I'm still also interested in the other possible solutions and would be glad for other recommendations.

0 Kudos