No internet connection to Digi/NXP 6UL Express

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet connection to Digi/NXP 6UL Express

benjamin_levy
Contributor I

I built a Yocto (Sumo, and base) on my Ubuntu18.04 system.  It has Python3 and Pip installed with it.  I cannot get the emulator to reach the internet via an Ethernet cable.  The /etc/network/interfaces and the /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf files are set up properly (to my knowledge).  I can share the contents of the /etc/network/interfaces and the /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf files without sensitive information expunged.

As a side-note, I installed the firmware (cimx6ulstarter-installer.zip from this location:
ftp://ftp1.digi.com/support/digiembeddedyocto/2.6/r1/images/ccimx6ulstarter-installer.zip), flashed the firmware on the Digi/NXP, connected the Ethernet cable to the router, set up the /etc/network/interfaces and the /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf files and was able to ping outside internet addresses (e.g., Google.com).

The contents of the /etc/network/interfaces and the /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf files ARE THE SAME!

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you.

Benjamin Levy

315-664-6622

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Benjamin Levy,

Is this problem still present? The Connectcore 6UL Express is manufactured and supported by Digi so I would recommend contacting them through their support channels to obtain help on this regard.

Given that you are trying to use Ethernet I would also recommend trying with the basic ethernet commands from Linux to see if an IP address is being provided and reseting the Ethernet link. Digi may also have documentation in this regard.

Regards,

0 Kudos