Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NXP MFS5600AMMA7ES pmic on i.mx8dxl

Jump to solution
davisroman3
Contributor III

Hello,

We're using a pmic from NXP, MFS5600AMMA7ES, on an i.mx8dxl custom design. We're trying to figure out what linux driver + device tree configuration is needed for this part. Can you please provide some insight on how to proceed?

Thank you,

Davis

0 Kudos
1 Solution
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport
0 Kudos
7 Replies
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

refer to the attached wevk board user manual, it seems this board use MFS5600AMMA7ES already, but I don't find driver in the bsp, let me double check it and tell you later

0 Kudos
davisroman3
Contributor III

Hello,

I took a look at the provided document however it still isn't clear what driver is being used for this pmic. And yes, I understand that it's used in the i.mx8dxl evk which should mean that this question is easy to answer but apparently it's not.

My goal is to understand this pmic and that starts with figuring out what kernel driver is driving this chip.

Please let me know what you think.

Thank you,

Davis

0 Kudos
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

you can refer to schematic of 8dxl WEVK, this is Power regulator, couldn't use it as IMX PMIC, so I don't suggest that you use this chip as PMIC

joanxie_0-1702959518683.png

0 Kudos
davisroman3
Contributor III

I see but your schematic shows that it has an i2c interface. Does the kernel query it?

0 Kudos
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

don't need I2C, use EN1/EN2 to control this chip,  we use it for 12V to 5V for PMIC input  and external 3.3V

0 Kudos
davisroman3
Contributor III

So it sounds like the purpose of the i2c is not to connect the host processor to the regulator but instead it is to connect the regulator with a PMIC. Is my understanding correct?

0 Kudos
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

yes, correct

0 Kudos