Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NAND ECC

Jump to solution
takashitakahash
Contributor III

Dear community.

Describes on i.MX6DQ RM Figure 29-1. General-Purpose Media Interface Controller Block Diagram, I want to check the flow of processing to write NAND to it with the parity for the ECC.

For example, when writing data 4KByte the NAND flash,

Is my understanding of the following is correct?

GPMI FIFO continuous data and send the serial data is sent to the BCH, BCH to calculate parity data per 512 Byte parity data back to GPMI FIFO,

512 Byte data and the parity data through GPMI PIN State Machine, written to the NAND FROM.

Mistakes for the understanding of the above.

Below is right?

The ECC (parity data) to write the data to NAND, as Figure 17-1. Hardware BCH Accelerator, by sending data directly to the BCH to calculate the parity data, and the data + parity data to GPMI from there send.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Takashi

I think this understanding is right, details of usage BCH&GPMI

can be found in sect.17.4.1.2 Using the BCH Encoder IMX6DQRM

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Takashi

I think this understanding is right, details of usage BCH&GPMI

can be found in sect.17.4.1.2 Using the BCH Encoder IMX6DQRM

Best regards

igor

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos