cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move from Mfgtool to Universal Update Utility

Martin5
Contributor I

Hi 

I am using Mfgtool 1.6.2.055 byt need a way to control software download from the command line. I understand that uuu can do this.  I am not an expert in software and need to first understand how difficult this is. Is there for example a way to translate commands in ucl.xml to commands for uuu?

Regards 

Martin 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Nitram
Contributor I

Thanks for all support! I have tried the MfgTool2 but get message "ModuleID[2] LevelID[1]: Parse ucl script failed, error code: 21". I have changed name of xml file in \Profiles\MX28 Hq Update\OS Firmware to ucl2.xml.

I tried to changed profile in cfg file to MX28 (se below) but then I got message "Initialize the library failed, error code 29". Maybe I need to change platform an LIST as well?

[profiles]
chip = MX28 Linux Update

[platform]
board = SabreSD

[LIST]
name = Sabre-SD

Can it be the MfgTool2 does not support iMX28? I have heard that uuu as problem with iMX28.

Thank again for you support!

0 Kudos

AldoG
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

For UUU some changes are need in uboot and/or kernel depending on the version you're planning to use.

With regards to this it may be helpful to take a look here:
https://github.com/NXPmicro/mfgtools/issues/85

Regarding MFGTool2, please note that in general MFGTool2 was developed for i.MX6. MFGTool2 expects to have a file named ucl2, unfortunately this file is compatible only with i.MX 6 family.

Best regards,
Aldo.

0 Kudos

AldoG
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Adding to the comment of Biyong, you may refer to the UUU documentation for latest release located here:
https://github.com/NXPmicro/mfgtools/releases/tag/uuu_1.4.72

Migration from mfgtool ucl2.xml chapter would also be of help.

Best regards,
Aldo.

0 Kudos

BiyongSUN
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

If you check the mfg tool document   -noui  is command mode for mfg tool

0 Kudos