Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motion vector from imxvpuenc_h264

Jump to solution
anjojohn
Contributor IV

Hi all,

I have a requirement of motion detection from live video. Has anyone done it using the motion vector estimation in h264 encoder. Is it possible to get motion vectors from gstreamer element imxvpuenc_h264 ? Any other alternative ways to detect motion from live video in IMX6

Regards

Anjo

1 Solution
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Q.  Is it possible to get motion vectors from gstreamer element imxvpuenc_h264 ?

A. No.

Please find attached the document, describing the API for accessing VPU, included in the i.MX6 series Linux BSP. In particular, it describes the data structures that include the motion vector information.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

1 Reply
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Q.  Is it possible to get motion vectors from gstreamer element imxvpuenc_h264 ?

A. No.

Please find attached the document, describing the API for accessing VPU, included in the i.MX6 series Linux BSP. In particular, it describes the data structures that include the motion vector information.

Have a great day,
Artur

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!