cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modify Partition Table due to Large U-boot size

mdomondon
Contributor I

Hello,

I have a Sabresd board that I am using for testing. Following the instructions in the Android User's Guide pdf, I built the android images and flashed them to an SD card. I made some changes to the bootloader. I decided to keep the splash screen of the bootloader enabled but I am using own custom bmp file as the image to be displayed... 

My problem is that my bootloader file (u-boot-imx6q.imx) exceeds 1 MB because the custom bmp file for my splash screen is large (around 600KB). It looks like the partition table (partition-table.img android image) only allocates a maximum of 1 MB for the bootloader.

Assuming I really need to use my large bmp file (insane, I know), does someone know where and what to modify to change the partition-table.img to accommodate my large bootloader imx file?

Thanks,

Mike

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mike

partitions usage is described in sect.Storage partitions

Android_User's_Guide.pdf included in documetation package on

i.MX Software|NXP 

Partitions can be changed using mfg tools scripts (mksdcard-android.sh.tar) found in

/OS Firmware folder.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos