MMP0F100 failure modes

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMP0F100 failure modes

stevelandas
Contributor I

Hi, I am looking at the mmpf0100 from a failure modes point of view. For example, we configure SW2 for 3.3V which is the maximum output for this regulator. Is there a failure mode that would allow this output to exceed 3.3V + the normal tolerance? Also, what is the VREF voltage that the DAC's are using for reference?

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

1. The worst case failure mode of a switching regulator is the short-break of the upper output driver FET, that may cause the output of a switching regulator to become directly connected to VIN. However, this situation is almost unachievable, since there is a number of protection features. First, each switching regulator has the programmable current limiter. Then, the whole chip has the thermal protection circuit that shuts it down in case of excessive overheating.

2. The Vref voltage for the regulator's voltage comparators is generated internally to the chip.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

stevelandas
Contributor I

Thanks Art!

0 Kudos