What will be happen if delay is not added to i.MX6 camera driver?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What will be happen if delay is not added to i.MX6 camera driver?

Jump to solution
satoshishimoda
Senior Contributor I

Hi community,

Our customer have a question about i.MX6 Linux BSP.
Please see the following camera driver in L3.14.52_1.1.0-ga.
<kernel dir>/drivers/media/platform/mxc/capture/ov5640_mipi.c
From line 1392 to 1402, added delay to wait for sensor stable, but we don't know how sensor will be unstable if these wait is not added.

So would you kindly let us know the detail what will be happen if these wait is not added? Why the delay is needed?

Best Regards,
Satoshi Shimoda

Labels (5)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

After the sensor is enabled, some time is required for its bus clock to become run stable. If no wait time is provided, there may be some synchronization issues between the sensor and the i.MX6 camera port. That's why the wait time delay is implemented in the driver.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

After the sensor is enabled, some time is required for its bus clock to become run stable. If no wait time is provided, there may be some synchronization issues between the sensor and the i.MX6 camera port. That's why the wait time delay is implemented in the driver.

Have a great day,
Artur

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos